Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lines and Tiggers and Buffoons, Oh My!

You know Winnie the Pooh's friend Tigger? While standing on line at Babies-R-Us I witnessed the following.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger costumes hang from a rack near the check-out lines in Babies-R-Us. Golden bears that say "Winnie" across the front, and orange cats that say "Tigger." The mom on line in front of me grabs one of the Tigger costumes and holds it up to her 2 or 3 year old daughter and says, "Look, honey! A tiger! Do you want to be a tiger for Halloween?"

I wonder if she realizes that's not really a tiger costume, but the character Tigger. Surely she'll notice the name on the front momentarily.

She did notice. And as she pointed to the T-I-G-G-E-R, she said, "Look, honey! Tiger! Can you say tiger?"

Wait... does this woman think...

"Say tiger, honey!" (pointing to the letters on the costume) "Tiiiiiiiiiigeeeeerrrrrrr..."

*sigh*

1 comment:

JDawg said...

Oh, god.

Was out on Saturday and "We didn't start the fire" came on. Some girl next to me asks her friend, "who sings this?" The other girl didn't know either.

A: we are getting old. B: people are idiots.

Conclusion - I shouldn't go out and you should home school Treefrog.